This year's International Festival will be held on Saturday, December 14th, from 9 AM - 4 PM at St. George Orthodox Church, 704 W. Sam Houston Ave., Pharr, TX.
A Winter Texan and Family-Friendly Event. Festival Admission, Parking and Entertainment are Free of Charge. This Fundraising Event Features the SALE of International foods, soups and ethnic baked goods, including the church’s famous homemade baklava, baked goods, piroghies, spanikopita, cabbage rolls, stuffed grape leaves and much more.
* The Russian Tea and Coffee Shoppe features gourmet teas, coffees & cold drinks plus homemade baked goods, candy and confections.
* The Greek Grill serves skewers of pork & vegetable souvlaki and beef & lamb gyros.
* International Specialty Food Booths include favorites from Greece, Lebanon and Eastern Europe.
* Hot Soups & Ready-to-eat Refrigerated items plus Frozen Take-home foods from around the world
* Quality Arts and Crafts, Icons and Books, plus gift items will be available for purchase, as well as handmade St. George Soaps, toiletries, Monastery Made Beeswax Candles and gourmet St. George Magnificent Mustards, Homestyle Preserves, Herb & Fruited Vinegars & other culinary herbal products.
* Children’s Christmas activities run throughout the day, as well as scheduled Church Tours.
* Entertainment Includes: Celtic Harp, Eastern European Christmas Carols and International Folk Dancing scheduled throughout the day.
The festival is also the annual “Give a Can; Get a Cookie” food drive for St. George Food Pantry. The food pantry has served over 60,000 hungry people since it began in 2004. Please bring donations of cash, canned goods, coats, blankets, children's clothing and toys and receive a free cookie as a thank you.
See photos and learn more about our past International Festivals in sections below.
Click here to download the Festival Flyer