On the grounds of our church: A Winter Texan and Family-Friendly Event! International Festival -
This fundraising event also features the SALE of International foods, soups and ethnic baked goods, including the church’s famous homemade baklava, baked goods, spanikopita, stuffed grape leaves, Romanian meat rolls, and much more.
We usually have:
* Russian Tea and Coffee Shoppe features Gourmet Russian Teas, Coffees & Cold Drinks, Plus Homemade Baked Goods.
* Greek Grill serving skewers of pork Souvlaki with Pita Bread and Tzatziki Sauce.
* International Specialty Food Booths would include favorites from Greece, Romania, Turkey, Ukraine, Russia, etc.
* Hot international soups, Ready-
* Quality Local and International Arts and Crafts, Icons and Books, plus gift items will be available for purchase, as well as handmade St. George Soaps, toiletries, Monastery Made Beeswax Candles and gourmet St. George Magnificent Mustards, Homestyle Preserves and more.
* Free Church Tours, Icon Art & Theology Tours & Talks Throughout the Day.
* Free Entertainment Includes: Live Music, Eastern European Christmas Carols and Dancing scheduled throughout the entire day.
* Free Activities and Information Booths from Community Organization, including: Museum of South Texas History, International Museum of Arts & Sciences, Food Bank of RGV Community Gardens and Pharrmers Market, Texas Master Naturalists and More!
* Free Parking!!!
With very rare interruptions, our festival has been a common "winter" presence in the valley for more than 40 years!
Would you like to be a vendor or have a booth at our 2023 International Festival? The types of booths we are most interested in include:
- International & Culturally Diverse Items
- Wholesome Homemade or Locally Produced/Grown Produce (such as, honey, jams, salsa, etc). NO HOT, FRESH FOOD, PLEASE!
- Specialty Gifts or Craft Products
- Imported Clothing & Jewelry
- Orthodox Icons
- Christmas or Nativity Holiday Goods
- Gift Items
- Local Cultural & Civic Organizations
Booths are only $50 for those making sales and FREE for non-profits!
Questions? Please email the International Festival Director at email@example.com.
Would you like to participate? Please sign up here: https://forms.gle/
REMINDER: This is a family-
Please complete this Performer Interest Form to submit your act: https://forms.gle/
The festival cooking and preparation will take place on various Saturdays starting in October. Please volunteer for the festival here. Once the volunteer form is cvompleted, volunteers will be notified of the cooking and preparation schedule, as well as of specific needs for the Friday before and the Saturday of the festival itself.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.